International Tourism – Global began to develop a national World War II following the development
The global aerospace industry. Tourism between – may be characterized according to national goals: cultural tourism,
Eco-tourism, extreme tourism, religious tourism and more. Medical tourism is a new niche tourism
Developed in recent years.
Medical tourism is an active process that involves the patient’s journey from origin to another country, for
Significant medical treatment, such as surgery, organ transplants, dental treatment, plastic surgery and the like.
We should distinguish between such medical tourism, and “Medical Tourism offers alternative treatments), alternative (
Or treatments improve quality of life and recovery.
Can distinguish between several targets that could be for medical tourism, according to necessity of treatment:
0.1 receiving unnecessary treatments, at the discretion of the tourist (for example, aesthetic plastic surgery (
0.2 receiving unnecessary treatments but recommended (such as psychological or dental treatments complement (
0.3 Receive urgent and necessary treatments (such as treatment for chronic disease like cancer, organ transplantation, etc.)
In recent years a growing number of tourists from developed countries who travel to receive medical treatment in
Defined “Third World”, mainly due to the high cost of treatment in the country of origin and for
Lack of appropriate insurance that allows them to receive treatment in their homes.
For example, heart surgery, in the United – States cost about 30,000 – dollars, will cost only $ 4,000 in India.
However, the low prices are not always the motivating factor for medical treatment in another country.
For example, in 2007, where a quarter million Americans turned to other countries for medical treatment, had Lara”bc 400,000 – medical tourists for the same purpose. Reason for this large number of medical tourists come
U.S. health care quality is there: the presence of world-renowned experts in various fields of medicine
And the most advanced medical technologies.
Here are some reasons for the development of medical tourism in recent years:
0.1 does not provide quality health care in developing countries
0.2 unique specialties found only in certain medical centers
0.3 higher prices for medical treatment in developed countries and insurance costs considerations
0.4 long waiting time necessary medical treatment
0.5 regulation that prohibits making certain treatments), such as abortion, certain organ transplants, etc. (or requires a permit execute them) FDA clearance for example (
Internet age information centers and medical services world becomes accessible and available to anyone interested. Centers
Advertisers medical information about their activities and ways to contact them on their sites and allow to order
Treatment via the Internet.
Countries that stand out in this area are currently India, Singapore, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Costa – Rica and Malaysia. On –
Reportedly haunt these countries tens to hundreds of thousands of medical tourists a year.
Numerical data – the world:
• In 2008, experts estimated that the market of $ 20 billion and that by 2012 is expected to reach the sum of $ 100 billion
• In 2008, 1.3 million Americans traveled to receive medical treatment outside the country. Most medical tourism from the United States comes to developing countries, where patients get treatment in hospitals at prices significantly lower quality than what they would pay in the United States.
• Additional data collected in 2008, Asian countries can be seen were the focus of popular, and one million medical tourists came to Thailand for treatment. Singapore and India were 400 thousand patients, and Malaysia took in about 300 thousand patients in the same year. Latin America was also host hundreds of thousands of medical tourists as Costa Rica and Panama have received about 150 thousand medical tourists each, and Mexico took her about 80 thousand tourists, mostly Americans who crossed the southern border to look for cheaper treatments
• Deloitte report predicts the company will return -2017 more than 23 million Americans have medical treatment outside the United States and these hospitals will spend over 80 billion dollars.
• American Medical Association also recognizes the field, and therefore issued detailed guidelines for medical tourism and send recommendations to the American health insurance companies that send policyholders overseas to undergo treatment there
• medical tourism experts reported on the huge financial potential of the industry, which grows with the years. For example, in 2007 reported 21 from the OECD that the financial revenues from medical tourism totaled $ 4.6 billion, compared with $ 3.5 billion in 2004.
Medical tourism in Israel
On – According to Ministry of Tourism, various branches of incoming tourism to Israel is the source of introduction of currency
Stranger is about 11% – of total services exports of the State of Israel. Medical tourism is a new industry
Relative, and is considered “niche tourism” as other types of tourism, due to Israel’s relative advantage costs
In the medical field and the most prominent and absolute benefits of Israel in medicine in general.
On – According to the Ministry of Tourism, from January to June 2009 some 23,000 arrived in Israel – tourists for treatment
Medical, 1% of the tourists who came to Israel at that time. The data indicate that approximately 2% – of all tourists
Coming to Israel from Germany came to receive medical treatment, and 4% from Russia, and a similar
All tourists from Ukraine.
Most medical tourists come to Israel from Russia, former Soviet – former Soviet Union, from the east –
Europe), Romania, Bulgaria, Poland) from Cyprus and from neighboring countries – Jordan and Turkey, and USA) because of differences
Health-care costs for those uninsured – until the new health care reform in the U.S.)
Numerical data – in Israel:
• Data provided by Medical Center Sourasky Tel – Aviv indicates that medical tourism patients
2% of patients in – hospital – hospital each year of the frames – the patients are approximately 1% -.
• In January 2009, published research data on medical tourism, which was conducted – by the medical center “Hadassah:
The data show that in 2007 approximately 16,000 were treated in Israel – medical tourists.
• Income hospital – medical tourism in the country was 160 million (50 – million)
• on – According to the Ministry of Tourism, currently average revenue per tourist visiting Israel for medical treatment is 4777 dollars), about 300 – a dollar a day (for comparison, the average income from tourist standard is 1083 dollars) $ 100 – dollars a day).
• on – According to research, despite the relatively low rate of medical tourists of all tourists arriving
Israel, and also the low proportion of patients in general hospital – the economic potential in tourism
Medical is great, and if the national target will be an annual increase of 20% of the volume of activity, will be
Reached within five years revenues of $ 100 million, or approximately 5% – of total income from tourism in 2009 approximately 1.9 billion. We may add that this amount is approximately 0.7% – of total national expenditure on health, which in 2008 was about 56 – billion.
• In 2008, medical tourism revenues came in approximately NIS 160 million, while Israel absorbed medical tourists from around the globe. About 50% of these tourists came to Israel from Eastern Europe, especially Ukraine and Russia, 35% of visitors came from neighboring Arab countries and from Africa and the rest came from Western Europe and North America.
• All day only 450 subscribers in Ukraine’s new cancer patients. 164,000 cases a year.
• a 30% increase in healing tourism to Israel in the first quarter of 2011. 2300 visitors spent NIS 180 million – $ 22 thousand patient!
The planned business description:
Establishing a new company of medical tourism.
Business Opportunity: very recently developed medical tourism as a consequence of several reasons:
• high prices of health insurance and various medical expenses
• The global economic situation
• The poor health situation in countries of the world
• long waiting time for certain
• International Airport has become an easier and more available to citizens
• level of development and progress of medicine and medical technology in many countries
• The information revolution and the Internet, making information more available to potential patients
• improvement of medical marketing system began to exploit the Internet and other mass media to attract the customers directly
These changes have created a situation where the big players in the internet give the tone in the field.
Because it is in non-over “(medical condition) and in the larger world – there is room for more players in the field.
Market Description: The planned target is the patient population in eastern Europe first, and Mediterranean countries and the U.S. (especially those whose wages are lower echelons and where costs are very expensive medical treatments) second priority.
Background on the therapeutic area:
Common treatments are curative tourism in general surgery, plastic surgery, dental surgeries, treatments for cancer, eye surgery, orthopedic implants (hip and knee), heart surgery, artificial fertilization, and surgery to treat obesity.